Pixel Pi Games
Based in Vancouver, BC Canada
May 20, 2013
Press / Business contact:
230 - 991 Hornby St
Vancouver BC, V6Z 1V3
Pixel Pi Games, Inc. is an independent game development studio owned and operated by Larissa Baptista, Leanne Roed, Maxwell Hannaman, Michael Cooper, and Richard Harrison. Their first game Pulse releases on October 20th, 2015. It is the final version of the award-winning prototype of the same name, completely recreated with all new content.
HistoryVancouver Film School
Larissa, Maxwell, Michael, Richard, and Leanne met in the Game Design program at Vancouver Film School. After nine months of late nights working on completely overscoped projects, the five of them formed Team Pixel Pi to create their final project for the course. After another four months of even less sleep, and with the help of their two audio collaborators Alessio Mellina and Jamie Robb, they emerged from VFS with the Pulse Prototype. During this time they managed to capture the attention of the school, the local game development scene, and even CBC news.Pulse Awards and Kickstarter
The members of Team Pixel Pi obtained jobs at various companies around Vancouver, but the hype for Pulse did not slow down. In fact, it increased dramatically. By the end of 2013 they had won the Best Student Game Unity Award at the Unite conference in Amsterdam, were nominated for the Independent Games Festival's Student Showcase award, and had a serious of interviews and articles with various highly-respected gaming news organizations. At the beginning of 2014 they decided to see it through and launched a Kickstarter campaign to create the version of the game they always wanted, without the under 4 month development time. Upon success of their Kickstarter in April of 2014, they officially started a partnership to see it through under the name Pixel Pi, later incorporated as Pixel Pi Games, Inc.Recent
After multiple years of development during the off hours from their day jobs, Pixel Pi Games is set to release Pulse on October 20th, 2015.
Launch Trailer YouTube
Release Date Teaser YouTube
There are far more images available for Pixel Pi Games, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "IGF Student Showcase - Finalist" - Pulse Prototype, Independent Games Festival 2013
- "Best Student Game - Winner" - Pulse Prototype, Unity Awards 2012
- "Echomokation: Pulse Is About Blindness And Synesthesia (Selected Article)"
- Nathan Grayson, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "Seeing the world as a blind girl in Team Pixel Pi's Pulse (Selected Article)"
- Samit Sarkar, Polygon
- "Pulse is one of the most clever student projects I've ever seen - I saw it and immediately wished I had the idea."
- Nels Anderson, Designer @ Campo Santo, Personal Website
- "Pulse is one of the most innovative and unique student projects I've ever seen."
- Dan Sochan, Producer @ United Front Games, LinkedIn
- "Team Pixel Pi created one of the most compelling experiences to come out of the highly acclaimed VFS Game Design program in recent memory. I've never played anything like it."
- Quinn Duffy, Game Director @ Relic Entertainment, LinkedIn
Pulse on Steam
View the Pulse Official Steam Store Page at store.steampowered.com.
Many of our production updates have been released through kickstarter.com.
Maxwell Hannaman's Personal Twitter
@mwhannaman - twitter.com.
Richard Harrison's Personal Twitter
@rharrisondev - twitter.com.
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Narrative and UI Designer, Pixel Pi
Larissa Fuchs Baptista
Art Generalist, Pixel Pi
Programmer, Pixel Pi
Level Designer, Pixel Pi
Environment Artist, Pixel Pi
Audio Designer and Composer, Waveplant Studios
Character Animator, Freelance